Anyway, here are the answers to a few questions you probably never thought to ask (that’s putting it nicely, I know you don’t care to know this crap!):
What advice would you give your 16 year old self:
Well, I did just write a letter to myself as a teen, but I guess if I had to dole out more advice it would be this:
- Don’t wear those 60 inch jeans, you look like an idiot!
- Ball chains, wallet chains, and any other kind of chain or piercing do not make you unique…all the other kids have them too. Oh, and you’ll regret the scar you get when your eyebrow ring gets ripped out…TWICE!
- Your dad is so right about Marilyn Manson. It’s marketing, every last bit of it. Before you know it a woman will come along and do the same thing, and we shall call her Lady Gaga! Pay attention to what sells, and has appeal to mass markets because one day it will be your job, and you’ll love it!
- Learn how to play an instrument and get over your fear of singing in public.
- Do NOT shave your eyebrows! Sure it takes less time than plucking, but it’s a BAD idea.
- Green hair… not cool! Especially when you have to strip your hair to get the color out for the military ball (oh, and it won’t come out and those pictures are forever).
If you had a plane ticket in hand right now to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Easy peasy, it would be Australia! From the very first reading of Walkabout I knew Australia was the place for me. Sure everything in the water can kill ya, but what a way to go. I’ve never wanted to go anywhere else as badly as I want to go to the land down unda!
What did you want to be when you grew up and did you follow your dreams?
Well, other than wanting to be a duckbill platypus, which I hear is almost impossible, I wanted to be a mom and a teacher. Yes and yes. While I did not get a degree to teach, I did homeschool my boys and I loved every minute of it. When I was a kid I would get old books and worksheets from my teachers at the end of the year and play school all summer long. I used the windows and highlighters as my chalk board, and always had students named Jessica, Jennifer, Kelly, and Heather! They were much better students than my own kids, they actually did everything I asked without complaining!
How many pets do you own?
FOUR! If kids count as pets, which I think mine do. I have to feed and water them daily, they have to use the bathroom at the most inconvenient times, I like to take them for walks, and if I left them in the house unattended I would come back to a mess!
What was your first car?
My first car was actually a truck! A beat up truck at that, but because I care nothing about stuff like that I can’t even tell you what kind it was. I just know it was old, grey, and I could afford the loan!