As you know (because I write about it often), we all suffer from Eczema and it is worst during the winter months. I had actually forgotten until last month just how bad it can get. Living on the Gulf Coast had all of us a little more spoiled than we realized. Now that we are back in NC, my sons have been breaking out on their legs, and it was pretty severe. My youngest son John, had it so bad I thought I was going to have to take him to get prescription meds, to clear it up. Fortunately, we didn’t have to resort to steroid creams.
Last month we started testing out a trial pack of Neosporin Eczema Essentials, and aside from not having nearly enough (I was testing it on two children, and an adult) I found that it was very helpful in both relieving the itching, and preventing the eczema from getting worse.
The three products available are:
Neosporin Moisture Essentials Daily Body Wash:
- Given the Seal of Acceptance by the National Eczema Association
- Appropriate for use on the whole family, and, in clinical testing, shown to be as
gentle as the leading sensitive skin wash on children with atopic dermatitis
- Formulated with a lipid, humectant, emollient, and botanical blend
- Fragrance-free and contains no soap or antibiotics.
- Gently cleanses even the most dry, sensitive skin
My thoughts: This is the best way to help prevent eczema from getting worse. I really like this product because it is so gentle on the skin, and when you already have breakouts that have been scratched and are irritated this product is GREAT!
Neosporin Eczema Essentials Moisturizing Cream:
- Clinically shown to restore visibly healthier skin in just 3 days
- Clinically shown to relieve itch due to eczema on contact
- Has a unique RELIPID™ formula, which contains a lipid, humectant, emollient and botanical blend
- Contains no antibiotics or steroids
- Goes on smooth, with a light, non-greasy feel
- Gentle enough for daily use
- Appropriate for use on the whole family
My thoughts: This product is great for keeping skin soft and eczema-free once you have the skin cleared up. It also helps relieve itching, which is especially important for children because they often lack the self-control to keep from scratching.
Neosporin Eczema Essentials Anti-Itch Cream:
- Provides fast itch relief when an eczema flare arises
- Clinically shown to improve dryness, flaking, and the appearance of redness
- Maximum strength itch relief due to eczema flare-ups
- Contains no antibiotics
My Thoughts: Due to the huge problem we were having with eczema breakouts when we received this, this product was my favorite! Using this on my boys legs was the only way I could get them to go to sleep for about a week. They seemed to itch and scratch the worst during the night, so I would put this on them each night before bed, and they slept like babies! It was a life-saver.
My dad also suffers from Eczema, and he asked my mom to pick him up the full size bottles when our trial ran out. He has been dealing with eczema for years, so that says a lot about how awesome these products are!
These products cost around $9.99 each, and are worth every penny. Watching your child suffer from eczema is no fun, and products like this really can help you make it through the day. If your like me you will need a lot of the anti-itch cream, but once you get the eczema under control, you will want to use the body wash and moisturizer as a maintenance plan!
You can find these products at Walmart, Amazon, CVS, Walgreens, and many other stores. You can print $3.00 and $5.00 Neosproin Eczema Essentials coupons here.
~ I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Neosporin Essentials and received a product sample to facilitate my review, and a promotional item to thank me for participating.