Today we are going to look at a simple craft to help keep kids sane on that super long road trip!
This is a great craft for the car because it doesn’t require many supplies, and it serves a purpose! It’s a simple craft box. It can be used to hold souvenirs, photo’s from you trip, post cards, and anything else you pick up along the way (I have a rock collector).
Items You Need:
- Box with a lid
- Construction Paper
- Crayons & Colored Pencils
- Foam Stickies, Stencils, Stickers (If you choose a state themed box it might be nice to pick up some state stickers from you local craft store)
- Glue Stick
- Safety Scissors
- Plastic grocery bag (this craft will produce trash, so go ahead and hook the plastic bag to the arm rest).
- Sandwich Bags and/or a shoe box to carry these supplies.
- Travel Guides for the state(s) your visiting. You can order these for FREE here.
Step 1: Have your child cut out all of the places they would like to visit and things they would like to do and see while on vacation. Give them a sandwich bag to keep these in while they work.
Step 2: Use the glue stick to cover the entire area of the box (one section at a time) with glue.
Step 3: Place each picture on the box, gluing the back of each one as you place them.
Step 4: Create a name plate using construction paper, crayons, and stickers.
Step 5: Fill the box with all of your travel treasures.
This is a super simple craft that can keep you child entertained for hours (depending on how small his/her pictures are). I personally like to reserve the bottom of the box for actual photo’s of our trip (we decoupage them on).
Open & Honest: This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias