My Tips for Sea World Orlando:
*** If you plan on spending the day in the park, purchase the meal plan! You can NOT take food or drinks into the park, so this is a must! The savings is unbelievable!
You pay 29.99 (adults) or 14.99 (children) and you can eat and drink as much as you want ALL DAY LONG! We would have probably spent $30 on water alone! Click HERE to learn more about the Sea World meal options.
*** These are things you must pack if you are traveling with the kiddos (You can rent a locker for only 50 cents!):
- Waterproof Camera (or waterproof bag for camera)
- Ponchos for when it rains or the Shamu shows (buy them outside of the park to save money)
- My 411 Wristbands Just in case your little one wanders off
- Hats & Sunglasses
- Swim suite and swim diapers (great for the splash park)
*** When you arrive, figure out which show and exhibits you don’t want to miss and plan accordingly. Head over to the area of the park where your show is located and ride rides or visit animals near the show.
Our Family Favorites:
- Elmo & Abby Cadabby’s Treasure Hunt (Show) – This is a super cute show, and is a “MUST-SEE” for toddlers and preschoolers! My daughter (2) was mesmerized by her favorite TV characters!
-Pets Ahoy – This show is fun for the whole family! I love it because they give rescued animals a home and the kids love it because its full of back to back animal tricks! I would dare to say, this is one of the best animal shows in the park!
Watching an indoor show is a fun way to take a break from the scorching summer sun and is also the perfect time to re-apply that sunscreen!
- Clyde & Seamore – This show is the funniest animal show I have ever seen, and the humans aren’t half bad either I can’t remember the name of last year’s show but it was just as good as this year’s pirate theme!
I have to give Believe an honorable mention at this time. Due to the tragic death of Dawn Brancheau Sea World trainers are no longer getting into the water with the whales, and though I understand and respect their decision, I would be lying if I said it didn’t change the show completely. The show we saw this year was nothing like the show we saw last summer! It seemed as if the trainers were afraid of the whales and it was a constant reminder of the accident. I left the show kind of depressed, and even the boys (6&7) noticed the difference and were disappointed!
Kraken- I’m not afraid to admit it… I was terrified! John forced me onto this one, and I thanked him… when we returned safely! In my opinion Kraken is better than Manta (or maybe I should say scarier!).
Shamu’s Happy Harbor – This is an awesome area for kids of all ages! Babies and toddlers (as well as the big kids) enjoy the splash park, they have a coaster, mini drop zone, and lots of rides that twirl around I really recommend hitting this area twice (makes for super stoked kids). Once in the morning (when they need to cool off) and again in the evening when people are leaving. We made a stop at the harbor right before sundown and the kids got to ride everything with no more than a 3 minute wait!
Great Deals @ Sea World Orlando:
Now through December 31st you can get $5 tickets for children (3-12 years old) with the purchase of an adult ticket! LEARN MORE HERE
Here’s to Heroes- All year long military service member can get up to 4 FREE tickets to Sea World LEARN MORE HERE
- Disclaimer – I was given two media passes for the purpose of this review. My opinions are my own (that’s what makes em’ mine )